23 Sept 2011

My digital life

The digital tools that I use on a daily basis includes email, MSN and Facebook (and possibly Google+ in the near future). I cannot go to sleep without checking them. If I don't check them right away, I already feel I am falling behind with the latest news when others have already commented on the post right away. The situation 'worsened' after I started using iphone which enables me to check for updates almost anytime, anywhere.

In this course, I hope to learn how to make use of the Internet to enhance the readability and attractiveness of my writing, such as the use of multimodal sources in writing, instead of just using texts. I also would like to learn about how writing and reading in print differs from that in new media, as I spend most of my time reading and writing on screen rather than on paper.

Photography is one of my favourite leisure activities after participating in the Study Tour when I was in Year 1. In order to share my photos with my friends, I always like to explore different photo-sharing websites and editing tools. Here's one of my favourite photo-editing website: http://www.picnik.com/app#/home/welcome which helps me rescue a poorly-shot photo.


Image: Stuck in Customs

 

1 comment:

  1. Jen, get rid of the Iphone!XP Try to use "stupid phone" on weekends to see if you can change the habit bits by bits.

    Thanks for introducing Picnik to me :) its front page shows how a photo can be edited for conveying different messages. I will try with my photos later.

    ReplyDelete